BioReliance is continuously exploring new technologies and novel methods for delivering the highest quality testing services. We currently can support projects utilizing the following platform technologies:
Massively Parallel Sequencing
BioReliance utilizes the Roche / 454 Life Sciences™ Genome Sequencer™ FLX to provide MP-Seq™ (Massively Parallel Sequencing, i.e. “next generation” sequencing) services. Through the development of proprietary algorithms for sequence analysis, we have adapted this platform to use for biological safety testing, providing assays to test for the following:
Cell Line Characterization
- Whole genome sequencing
- Whole transcriptome sequencing
- Sequencing and characterization of gene inserts to assess stability
- Verification of virus seed stock identity and purity
- Identification of sequence variation within virus seed stock
- Identification and characterization of virus variants within patient populations
- Sequencing of virus isolates from patient populations for clinical trials of anti-viral drugs
Identification and characterization of adventitious agents
- Scan master and working cell banks for previously unidentified or latent viral or microbial sequences
- Scan bioreactor bulk harvests for previously unidentified or latent viral or microbial sequences
High-throughput sequencing services
- GLP sequencing services for high volume projects
For more information about our MP-Seq™ services, please visit the Genomic Services and Clinical Trial Laboratory Services sections of our website. Or, please contact us to discuss your specific project.
Click here for a PDF of our MP-Seq™ services flyer.
Multiplex Biomarker Assays
BioReliance now offers multiplex biomarker assays utilizing the Meso Scale Discovery® SECTOR® Imager 6000. This instrument is capable of measuring up to 10 analytes in a single, low volume sample via electrochemiluminescence. This technology can be applied in the following areas:
- Non-GLP or GLP studies of animal toxicity and response to treatment
- Nephrotoxicity panel
- Cardiotoxicity panel
- GCP studies of human samples for biomarker studies during clinical trials
- Detection of host cell proteins or other contaminants in biological product manufacturing processes, especially during downstream processing
- Immunogenicity testing of animal or human samples to determine the level of antibody response generated by treatment with a protein therapeutic or vaccine
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) studies for biological products, both in animal and human subjects.
BioReliance also has the BD FACSCanto® II analyzer, which is capable of analyzing the Cytometric Bead Arrays to determine levels of soluble proteins or phosphoproteins in serum or cell culture supernatant samples. The system may also be used for the determination immunoglobulin types in human samples.
For more information about our multiplex biomarker assay services, please visit the Clinical Trial Laboratory Services and Toxicology sections of our website. Or, please contact us to discuss your specific project.
BioReliance can now provide services utilizing the BD FACSCanto® II Flow Cytometry System. This instrument can be used to provide assays in the following areas:
- Micronucleus assays for assessment of DNA damage as a marker of genetic toxicity
- Identification and monitoring of cell types via CD and other cellular markers for both pre-clinical animal studies and clinical studies in humans.
- Multiplex protein biomarker detection via Cytometric Bead Array
- Determination of the cell cycle and other cellular markers
For more information about our flow cytometry assay services, please visit the Genetic Toxicology Testing and Clinical Trial Laboratory Services section of our website. Or, please contact us to discuss your specific project.
BioReliance utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to provide analytical chemistry services. Our laboratory contains:
- Agilent 1100 Series Agilent HPLC with UV/Vis Detectors
- Agilent 1200 Series Rapid Resolution HPLC with UV/VIS Detectors
- Agilent 6890N Gas Chromatograph with FID Detector
For more information about our analytical chemistry services, please visit the Analytical Chemisty section of our website. Or, please contact us to discuss your specific project.
454 Life Sciences™ and Genome Sequencer™ are trademarks of Roche Diagnositcs GMBH
Meso Scale Discovery® and SECTOR® Imager 6000 are registered trademarks of Meso Scale Diagnostics LLC
BD FACSCanto® is a registered trademark of Becton Dickinson and Company Corporation