Laboratory animal health monitoring is essential to ascertain the health status of animal colonies, to maintain the health of laboratory animals and to assure the integrity of your research. A complete comprehensive monitoring program for a facility includes serology, PCR, parasitology, bacteriology, histopathology, and environmental monitoring.
Below are the main offerings for nonhuman primates:
We test for the presence of antibody to infectious agents in the serum of nonhuman primates. The Nonhuman Primate Serology Laboratory at BioReliance handles large volumes of samples from nonhuman primate species for clients world-wide.
Methodologies include BioReliance’s innovative, proprietary protein array, ReliArray™, Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Indirect Fluorescent Antibody (IFA), and Western Blot (WB). Confirmatory testing is provided to our clients at no cost.
Please contact us to discuss custom profiles or your unique testing needs. Click here for the Submission forms & shipping instructions. Click here for a list of infectious agents that we test for.
Assays & Profiles
- Nonhuman Primate Antibody Profiles
- Filovirus Assays
- Nonhuman Primate Individual Assays
BioReliance offers molecular detection of many pathogens including viruses, bacteria, and protozoa. Click here for a list of pathogens that we test for.
Comprehensive Animal Health Service (CAHS)
A modern, well equipped necropsy laboratory is at the center of a suite of labs that provides complete bacteriology, histopathology, clinical pathology, parasitology, tissue banking, and customized studies. The lab’s focus is on client service, quality results, and rapid turnaround times.
- Health Assessment Profile
- Histopathology Services
- Parasitology Services
- Bacteriology Services
- Environmental Monitoring
Clinical Pathology Services
Comprehensive clinical pathology services are available for a wide range of laboratory animals. Services include clinical chemistries, and organ system and disease panels.
ELISA Reagent Kits
BioReliance with expertise in nonhuman primate testing over many years and Biotech Trading Partners with assay development and manufacturing expertise, have partnered to bring to market the PRIMATE-ONE Simian Screening Program. This comprehensive system allows the end-user to tailor a program to fit each facility’s screening needs.
PRIMATE-ONE has the following three product groups:
- PRIMATE-ONE ELISA is a traditional ELISA assay performed at room temperature in under 70 minutes. PRIMATE-ONE ELISA allows for high volume testing on a single analyte.
- SIMIAN-SPOT (Simian Panel Test) is a simple, easy-to-use, multiple analyte assay. The SPOT test will give simultaneous results to 5 discreet markers in 70 minutes, without the need for any specialized equipment. The reacted strips can be stored as a permanent record.
- SIMIAN-STX (Simian Testing eXpress) is a rapid, lateral flow assay designed to give a single, discreet answer without the need for any equipment.