BioReliance provides comprehensive services to assess the health of your animals. We have been a scientific leader in laboratory animal diagnostics for over 60 years.
Maintaining healthy animals is critical for ensuring that research results remain uncompromised. The same high quality diagnostic services that we offer to the research community, we also offer for production and companion animals. With deep experience and expertise, BioReliance utilizes several different technologies to meet your needs.
BioReliance testing programs are used world-wide by breeding colonies, animal facilities, pharma/biotech and universities. We also offer for sale the same Diagnostic Materials we use internally. We are unique in our breadth of services and products for animal diagnostics.
Our comprehensive offerings can help you to maintain research integrity, minimize animal losses, and reduce time lost to animal health related problems. Our scientific staff has specialized knowledge and expertise and is always available for consultation.
Key Service Offerings:
Targeted Viral Screening
Serology testing for more than 35 different nonhuman primate viruses and over 30 different rodent, rabbit and ferret microbiologic agents. Technology includes:
- ReliArray™ - This protein array platform screens animal sera at a high sensitivity and specificity
- ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay)
- Confirmatory testing is provided at no additional charge, via:
- IFA (Indirect Fluorescent Antibody)
- HAI (Hemagglutination Inhibition)
- WB (Western Blot)
- Real Time Q-PCR
Comprehensive Health Assessment
A modern, well equipped necropsy laboratory is at the center of a suite of labs that provides complete bacteriology, histopathology, clinical pathology, parasitology, tissue banking, and customized studies for a wide range of laboratory animals including rodents, rabbits, nonhuman primates, dogs, cats and exotic species. The lab’s focus is on client service, quality results, and rapid turnaround times.
From a single live animal submission, or environmental sample, a wide variety of diagnostic services are available, including:
- Viral and bacterial diagnostic by Serology and Molecular Biology
- Necropsy Services
- Histopathology Services
- Parasitology Services
- Bacteriology Services
- Environmental Monitoring
- Additional Procedures – Customer Specific
Clinical Pathology Study Support
BioReliance provides a complete program of Clinical Pathology for any laboratory animal. Clinical Chemistry utilizes state-of-the-art technology for organ system and disease panels as well as individual chemistries. Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis and Immunoassays are also offered with the most sophisticated equipment available, and performed by personnel who understand animal diagnostics.
Clinical Pathology services can be offered as GLP compliant. All systems and instrumentation have been qualified, are fully integrated into our Quality Management System and are 21 CFR Part 11 compliant.
Our full range of services is available for all species, including production and companion animals. Please contact us for assays and a testing program to meet your needs.
Research Cell Line Testing
All biologicals derived from mice or murine cell lines are potential sources of murine viruses, which can become active when injected into mice, rats or hamsters. Murine virus outbreaks are a major concern for animal facilities, and many institutions require that materials of murine origin be certified free of viral agents before use in animal studies. Services include:
- Non-GLP Antigen Identification Tests by PCR
- MAP-IT (molecular antigen identification tests for Mice)
- RAP-IT (molecular antigen identification tests for Rats)
- HAP-IT (molecular antigen identification tests for Hamsters)
BioReliance AHS maintains laboratories with the latest equipment and technology properly qualified to recognized industry standards, including GLP. As a provider of diagnostic services for research, production and companion animals, BioReliance offers a broad offering of laboratory capabilities:
- Molecular Biology
- Clinical Pathology
BioReliance employs a dedicated team of friendly, helpful client service representatives and scientists with deep scientific expertise to assist you with all your laboratory animal diagnostic needs. These particular services include:
- Online sample submission, tracking and report retrieval is available through our Client Extranet. Results can also be e-mailed, faxed, or mailed as soon as testing is completed. GLP compliant services are available upon request.
- Fully validated LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) for receiving, tracking, laboratory workflow, and reporting results. The LIMS is 21 CFR Part 11 compliant and is utilized for all samples submitted.
- Customizable programs to meet your needs.
BioReliance manufactures and maintains its own antibodies and antigens, including the West Nile virus reagents developed with USAMRIID. These reagents are used throughout the industry in several diagnostic platforms including microarray and multiplex bead array.
BioReliance has an extensive list of materials for both rodent and nonhuman primate diagnostics. The same reliablility and excellence BioReliance provides in its own services is also available for any other laboratory through these high-quality reagents. Available formats include:
- ELISA Plates
Plates for ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) testing from more than 40 different viruses and microbiologic agents are available.
- Coated 96-well ELISA plates
- Multiple formats are available - please inquire
- Each plate is sufficient for 48 tests, including 48 wells of control antigen
- Antigen has been titrated for optimal performance
- All antigens are inactivated
- Control Sera and Liquid Antigen
Positive controls from a variety of pathogens are available as sera and liquid antigen. These polyclonal antibod¬ies were developed in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Available in a variety of different aliquot sizes, or customized to meet your needs
- IFA Slides (Indirect Fluorescent Antibody)
Most available antigens have been prepared into slides for IFA assays.
- 12-well slides coated with antigen containing cells
- Other Coordinating Reagents
BioReliance can provide conjugates, substrates, and diluents for use in your assays.
For more information, please inquire at email@example.com
Services are offered for many different species: